Monday, June 27, 2016

M3D Micro: Perfect Protection for Your Traveling M3D Micro

I have enjoyed traveling with my previous 3D printers; but, the M3D Micro has to be THE most suitable 3D printer for traveling that has ever been created.

What is REALLY cool...no pun intended... is just how convenient it is to use a cooler for protection when traveling.  Knowing I would be traveling all last week introducing our 3D ThinkLink 3D Design & Printing Curriculum to Horizons Hampton Roads teachers and knowing that they just HAD to see this little gem of a 3D printer, I scoured the shelves for suitable protection.

It didn't take long to find it in the form of the Igloo Ice Cube 14 Can Cooler.

Igloo Ice Cube 14 Can Cooler
 While I found mine in a local store, it's also available on Amazon.

There are two reasons why this is the perfect protection for the M3D Micro 3D printer.  The first is that it fits perfectly and is wonderfully protected using the original packing bubble wrap!

M3D Micro - Protected by Igloo Cooler
 The recessed top even provides relief for the cable/filament guide.  I stored the power supply and USB cable in the original accessory box that came with the printer.  It's hard to beat this for traveling convenience and protection.

But, this little cooler has something else to offer.  There is a lid on the top and a recessed area usually used for ice cubes.  It makes the perfect storage place for an extra spool of filament and silica moisture protection.

M3D Micro Filament with Silica Moisture Protection

Now, you have to admit it. This combination of a lightweight, strong cooler and the most portable 3D printer ever is a perfect match for having fun on the road with fear of damage

One evening, in my Hampton Inn hotel room, I created a quick video demonstrating some of the reasons why I call the Micro 3D printer THE most perfect traveling printer ever.  It truly does turn an otherwise bland hotel room into a true 'Idea Room" and I was able to create some very nice prints to show the Horizons teachers and, on a little side trip to North Carolina, Jeff Epps of the Richmond County G.R.E.A.T. 3D Academy.  He was as impressed as I am about the Micro.

The only problem?  They were so shocked at the quality, they took all my print samples!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment