Wednesday, May 24, 2017

M3D Micro+... What a great Surprise!

I just completed an order for 4 M3D Micro+ 3D printers on the Sharper Image web site.

An hour ago I had no idea they were available.  And, a few weeks ago, I had no idea they existed!!!

But, what a wonderful surprise.

All my focus had been on the upcoming release of the the bigger and faster MicroPro.

The MicroPro is in Alpha testing right now and it's worthy of attention.  But, it will be a little while before it's what M3D calls "Market Ready".  I am fortunate enough to have one and I can tell you it's going to be an awesome 3D printer.  

But, my focus in THIS post is to alert you to an equally awesome printer in its price range of $299.

While concentrating on testing the MicroPro, M3D was quietly upgrading the Micro, that has played such an important part in our work with at-risk young people.  

Here is the Features Page for the new Micro+.

While the original Micro is easy to use, the new Micro+ is even easier.  It now sports a self-leveling bed and there is even an optional heated bed to reduce warping.  Moreover, it can be ramped up to about 2.5 times the speed of the original Micro.  And, all this is just $299.

And, I hear that the Micro+ can run UNTETHERED!!!   That is huge!

M3D sold more than 50,000 Micro 3D printers.  I'm convinced this new Micro+ will find many more homes than that.

We should be receiving the new Micro+ printers by this time next week.  As soon as I have one I will compare the old and the new side-by-side to let you see for yourself whether now is the time to bring home a remarkably quiet, capable and affordable 3D printer.

It's enough to make an old guy feel young again!

No comments:

Post a Comment